Email this operator
114 Haycock Road, Hope , New Zealand
Categories: Nelson + Tasman - Wine, Nelson + Tasman - Vineyard
Add to My Onzamap
VINEYARD AND LUXURY ACCOMMODATION
Milcrest Estate is a small, New Zealand, boutique vineyard, privately owned by Terry Milton and Christine Cook and is situated in Hope, Nelson at the top of New Zealand's South Island. It is located at the foothills of the Richmond Ranges and was established in 2006.
Our wines are gaining great momentum and are now available throughout New Zealand, at selected fine wine shops and wine retailers. Our point of difference is that we do not supply supermarkets keeping our brand premium and sought after.
Milcrest Estate cellar door/tasting room opened in January of 2011, offering a range of Milcrest boutique Nelson wines. Tastings and direct sales are available from the cellar door 7 days a week all year around. Milcrest Estate is committed to producing top quality New Zealand wines which will further enhance the Nelson wine region's reputation for quality new world wines.
The vineyard now offers guests, two brand new superbly appointed luxury accommodation suites, with stunning views of the Milcrest Estate vineyard, Mount Arthur and the Richmond ranges. Guests can enjoy their stay within a fully operational boutique vineyard, while sampling the beautifully crafted New Zealand wines on offer in a totally relaxed environment.
Milcrest Estate also offers its stunning vineyard and setting, accommodation suites and use of the Estate for private marquee wedding functions and this is proving to be very popular. Inspections of the property are welcome.
Milcrest Estate gained accreditation to Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand in March of 2010 and is committed to providing excellence in service.
Guests enjoy luxury accommodation, with a unique "perspective" of New Zealand and our vibrant Nelson wine region, amidst Milcrest Estate's operational vineyard, which captures stunning views over the vineyard and towards Mount Arthur and the Richmond Ranges. Nelson consistantly records and enjoys the highest sunshine hours in New Zealand and is one of the most popular cities for tourists visiting New Zealand.
We offer a high level of luxury, boutique, Nelson accommodation, which provides personal attention for only 6 guests, in a relaxing intimate environment, with a choice of three luxurious and beautifully appointed brand new suites. The luxury vineyard accommodation is located away from any main roads within a beautiful boutique vineyard setting, but yet only 8 minutes from Richmond town centre, 15 minutes from the airport and 18 minutes from Nelson city.
Staying in our Pinot Noir suite, Chardonnay suite or our Sauvignon Blanc suite you will enjoy premium New Zealand luxury accommodation within Nelson's thriving wine region. We offer:
- A complementary bottle of Milcrest Estate Sauvignon Blanc white wine on arrival.
- Spacious open plan living with separate fully appointed bathroom.
- Luxurious comfortable leather lounge suites and king size posturepaedic beds.
- Goosedown duvets, 100 percent cotton linen and toiletries.
- Wireless broadband connection, in room DVD and cable television.
- CD/stereo/I-pod dock.
- Spa pool.
- Tea and coffee making facilities, microwave, fridge, hairdryer & iron.
- Sumptuous cooked or continental breakfasts, with fresh fruit, yoghurt, spreads and cereals. Cooked breakfast includes traditional cooked or eggs benedict with fee range eggs, fresh salmon or bacon.
- Own private courtyard and BBQ.
- On-site boutique wine tasting cellar door with off licence sales, offering wines made from grapes grown on the property and Milcrest Estate merchandising and memorabilia.
- Laundry facilities.
- Stunning views of vineyard, surrounding mountains and ranges.
- 10 wineries within 6 km radius and only 40 minutes from Abel Tasman National Park.
- Close to golf links.
- Pick up and drop off to Nelson airport is available on request.
- Inspection welcome.
- Fantastic Hosts
Driving from Ricmond in the direction of Brightwater on State Highway 6. After approx 4km from Richmond turn left on to Aniseed Valley Rd, at the end of this road turn right onto Haycock Road where we (number 114) can be found on the right 1km further on.
The Cellar door is open for wine tastings and bottles sales between 10.30am and 4.30pm daily. Come out and sample the wines and get a feel for the Milcrest Wine story, and meet the team.
Terry and Chris - Favourite Places - Nelson